Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:26 — 30.8MB)
Dallin H. Oaks:
“The best way to avoid divorce from an unfaithful, abusive, or unsupportive spouse is to avoid marriage to such a person. If you wish to marry well, inquire well. Associations through ‘hanging out’ or exchanging information on the Internet are not a sufficient basis for marriage. There should be dating, followed by careful and thoughtful and thorough courtship. There should be ample opportunities to experience the prospective spouse’s behavior in a variety of circumstances.”
Dallin H. Oaks, “Divorce,” Ensign, May 2007, 73
Points Discussed During In This Episode
- If you are under eighteen, don’t even attempt online dating of any kind.
- Don’t date online, meet online
- Don’t date out of state
- Have some non-negotiables
- Do your homework – research well before starting
- Build your profile carefully
- Internet dating is NOT a shortcut
- Tips on avoiding trouble
- Tips on when you do meet
- Don’t save serious talks for email
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Chas Hathaway is the author of the books Scripture Study Made Awesome, Marriage is Ordained of God, but WHO Came Up with Dating? and Giraffe Tracks. Learn more at chashathaway.com. Please participate in the conversation by adding comments and sharing with friends on the web!
Gospel Living Made Awesome is not an official work of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If Chas says something stupid, it's his own fault.